Pension 1-2-3 provides simple and tiered information about the pension scheme. Participants can decide for themselves how detailed they want the information to be. This gives the participant a quick insight into the most important components of the pension scheme. At MijnZwitserleven the participant can view Pension 1-2-3 after logging in.
The participant will receive answers to the following important questions:
- What does my pension scheme offer?
- What does my pension scheme not offer?
- How do I accrue a pension?
- What choices do I have?
- How secure is my pension?
- What costs does my pension provider incur?
- When do I need to take action?
The pension scheme in three layers
Layer 1: The pension scheme ‘in 5 minutes’. Layer 1 outlines what the scheme includes. After reading layer 1, the participant knows the most important elements of his pension scheme.
Layer 2: Explanation in broad outlines. The second layer elaborates on all the information from layer.
Layer 3: Pension scheme ‘in detail’. The third layer contains documents such as the full pension scheme rules and the administration agreement. Information on costs can also be found here. Pension 1-2-3 does not provide any personal information or pension amounts. The participant can find these at mijnpensioenoverzicht.nl, in the annual Uniform Benefit Statement (UBS), and at MijnZwitserleven.
Advantages of Pension 1-2-3:
- Pension 1-2-3 makes pension information clearer
- Clear language: understandable, short and concise
- Use of icons: recognisable and clear
Because of this:
- Participants understand their pensions better
- Participants take a more active approach to their pensions
- Employees who change jobs can easily compare different pension schemes