HorizonBeleggen is our standard investment form. We take care of your investments for you. With HorizonBeleggen, you do not have to worry about your investments.
A lifecycle is a certain mix of investments. With this mix, we match the investments to your age and make sure that the risk of your investments is reduced gradually as you approach your retirement date. This means that we change the mix of funds in order to reduce your investment risk.
Based on your age and the number of years remaining until your retirement date, we invest in a mix of shares, real estate shares and corporate and government bonds. Every year, we check whether a good return is still being achieved. We adjust your investment mix as necessary. No action is needed on your part. When investing through the lifecycle model, you have an opportunity to achieve a good return. Your investment risk will become lower and lower as you approach your retirement date. Your retirement date is the horizon for your investments.
In our pension schemes, we include sustainability risks in our investment decisions. We will be pleased to tell you more about our sustainable investment policy for your pension scheme.
Composition of the investments
If your retirement age is still far in the future, it is important to take advantage of the opportunity for a good return. Therefore, in this phase of the lifecycle, we invest in a mix with a high proportion of shares. The closer you get to your retirement date, the less investment risk we take. Just before your retirement date, your investment mix will consist mainly of bonds. For this we use the Zwitserleven Medium Duration Fonds and the Zwitserleven Long Duration Fonds.
Final phase of your pension accrual
The final phase of your pension accrual may require some additional explanation. You invest in order to accrue a pension capital. You use this to purchase a pension income on your retirement date. The amount of this capital is not the only factor determining the amount of your pension income. The level of the pension rate at that time is also important. When we say that the risk of your investment mix will be reduced, we are looking primarily at the amount of pension income you will receive and not the amount of capital you have accrued. So we also take account of the pension rate.
When to choose HorizonBeleggen?
There are advantages and disadvantages to HorizonBeleggen. Whether it is right for you depends on what is important to you. And what options you have in your pension scheme. So check first in MijnZwitserleven to see which investment forms are available to you. The overview below shows the situations in which you could consider HorizonBeleggen.
- You do not have to take care of your investments. We determine your investment mix for you.
- The closer you get to your retirement date, the less investment risk we take.
- You do not need to define an investor profile.
- You are free to change your investment form to ProfileBeleggen or VrijBeleggen in the interim, if this is allowed in your pension scheme.
- We invest for you according to a 'standard' investment policy. We do not take account of how much risk you yourself are willing and able to bear.
- The investment mix may not be the most appropriate for your personal situation and needs. You may not accrue an optimal amount of pension as a result.
- It is not possible for you to decide what percentage of your investment mix you wish to prepare for a variable retirement income. This does become possible if you switch to ProfielBeleggen.
- It is not possible to choose ZekerheidZwitch, which allows you to purchase a guaranteed old-age and partner's pension already before your retirement date. This does become possible if you switch to ProfielBeleggen.
May suit you if you:
- don't want to think about your investments and want Zwitserleven to determine your investment mix.
- know that you do not wish to fully prepare your investment mix for a variable pension income.
- know that you do not wish to use the option to purchase a guaranteed old-age and partner's pension before your retirement date (with ZekerheidZwitch).
Probably suits you less if you:
- want to decide the level of risk you are willing and able to bear. want to tailor your investment mix to your personal situation and needs.
- want to decide the percentage of your investment mix you wish to prepare for a variable pension income. This is not possible with HorizonBeleggen. This does become possible if you switch to ProfielBeleggen, if this is allowed in your pension scheme.
- know that you want to purchase a guaranteed old-age and partner's pension already before your retirement date (with ZekerheidZwitch).
Need advice on your choices?
We are happy to help you make choices for your pension. These choices may have major financial implications. Our guidance covers only your pension scheme with Zwitserleven. Whether a choice is right for you obviously depends on your whole personal situation, now and in the future.
Perhaps you should consider contacting an adviser, who can give you an overview of all your financial affairs and help you to make the most suitable choices.