This is a practical list of things to discuss when negotiating your pension with your new employer.
- Is a pension scheme available? This is not the case for 10% of jobs.
- What kind of scheme is it? Are you certain of a fixed amount at retirement? Or does your pension depend on the return of the investment fund in which your money is invested?
- Does your total salary count towards the pension accrual? In other words: not just your fixed salary, but also, for example, bonuses and supplements (for overtime, etc.)?
- Will the pension be adjusted to, for example, wage increases? In other words: will indexation be applied?
- What are the rules when you die?
- What if you can no longer work (full-time) due to occupational disability?
- Will you be asked to pay in a contribution of your own? If so, how much?