Extra income for later
Once you are retired, you will want to continue enjoying the fun things you do now. Therefore, extra retirement income will be more than welcome. Well, you can already start by making supplementary contributions. PensioenAanvullen allows you to build up extra income for later, on top of the pension you are now accruing through your employer.
You decide: monthly or one-off
Choose what suits you best: a monthly or single payment.
You can change your contributions at any time. It is also easy to stop PensioenAanvullen.
Supplementary pensions and taxes
No wage taxes are due on the supplementary pension payment. It will automatically be withheld from your salary. Starting on your retirement date, you will, however, pay taxes on your retirement income. Because, from the state pension date, the tax rate for the first tax bracket is lower, you may pay less taxes than you do now. This may an advantage for you.
Good to know
- The maximum contribution depends on the tax allowance that is still unused in your scheme.
- Your supplementary contribution is invested in the same way as your basic pension scheme.
- The additionally accrued pension capital (the premium paid, including any profit made) is fixed until the retirement date.
- When you leave your employment, PensioenAanvullen stops. In that case, you will no longer be able to supplement your pension.
- With PensioenAanvullen you run an investment risk.
If you die before your retirement date
- Do you have a Zwitserleven PPI pension scheme? In that case, the value of plan assets is used to increase the partner's pension and/or orphan's pension or to buy a partner's and orphan's pension for your surviving dependants.
- Do you have a pension scheme at Zwitserleven? If so, your value of plan assets will be cancelled. The same applies for the value acquired through your supplementary contribution.
How PensioenAanvullen works
Check out MijnZwitserleven to see which monthly or single payment is best suited to your situation.
You activate PensioenAanvullen. Your payment will be withheld from your gross salary.
Has your situation changed? You can always change or stop the supplementary payment.
Questions you may still have
Can I supplement my pension indefinitely?
Supplementing your pension can be quite beneficial. One of the benefits is that no wage tax is due on your contribution. However, there is a maximum supplementary amount that you can pay within your pension scheme, which is referred to as the tax allowance. This tax allowance is determined on the basis of several factors, including your salary and the pension contribution via your employer. You will find the applicable tax allowance in MijnZwitserleven.
What are the different options to supplement my pension?
Check out MijnZwitserleven to see if your pension scheme allows for supplementing your pension. You will also see the tax allowance available to you. You decide how much of it you want to use. You can make monthly payments. A single payment is also an option.
What happens to the supplementary contributions to my pension scheme?
Your supplementary contribution will be invested according to the same profile as your basic pension scheme. You can change your investment profile in your MijnZwitserleven environment whenever you want.
What do I have to consider before supplementing my pension?
Supplementing your pension should first of all suit your personal situation; do you think it is important to accrue a higher pension and can you make the extra contribution. In addition, it is important to carefully consider the features of the various options: the expected return, possible tax benefits, how you want to invest, whether or not contributions can be withdrawn, etc. You should also pay close attention to whether you have an annuity insurance or other pension product for which you make payments.
Is my choice to supplement my pension final?
You can change or stop your monthly contributions whenever you want. Keep in mind that your choice will be implemented starting the next month.
Questions or advice?
An adviser can advise you on PensioenAanvullen or other options to build up extra income for later.